I just got back from San Francisco, where I attended the US Journal’s Behavioral Health Conference and presented on the topic of “Sexual Health as an Ally” ­– more on that later. My fathers flew in from Santa Fe for the weekend. The last time we’d seen each other was at their wedding last year.. read more →

ATTENTION!!!  THE BROADWAY BEARS CONCERT FOR THIS SUNDAY, OCTOBER 19TH HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE EMBERS LOCATED AT 110 NW BROADWAY, PORTLAND, OR 97209. CURTAIN AT 7:00PM. Needless to say, come October, you’ll have your choice of scary autumnal events around the city. But make sure there’s time on your calendar to attend the Broadway Bears in.. read more →

Family Forward Action is looking for 2 organizers for upcoming work in Washington and Clackamas counties. These positions will be responsible for community outreach, volunteer engagement, and event planning. Family Forward Action is a family-friendly advocacy nonprofit that is working to create workplace and public policies that work for today’s families. We are a grassroots organization that.. read more →

Come connect and find out about volunteer opportunities with Q Center at The Standard’s 2014 Volunteer Expo! On Thursday, September 4, 2014 from 11:00am to 2:00pm, Q Center will be joined by more than 125 nonprofits at The Standard’s 2014 Volunteer Expo in Pioneer Square. • Connect with dozens of local nonprofit organizations. • Learn.. read more →