Family Forward Action is looking for 2 organizers for upcoming work in Washington and Clackamas counties. These positions will be responsible for community outreach, volunteer engagement, and event planning. Family Forward Action is a family-friendly advocacy nonprofit that is working to create workplace and public policies that work for today’s families. We are a grassroots organization that mobilizes parents, caregivers and others to advocate for bold, universal policies that benefit all families.
They are seeking a dynamic, innovative and strategic team member who enjoys a highly flexible, results-oriented work environment and who has a passion for their mission, a unique individual who:
• Works well independently but also enjoys being a part of a team.
• Has the discipline to manage their own deadlines and a willingness to pitch in to help whenever
• Takes initiative and has strong problem-solving skills, but also knows when to ask for help.
• Has organizing experience related to a political or advocacy campaign, especially in Washington and Clackamas counties.
The ideal candidate will have :
• Strong organizational and communication skills; including public speaking to small groups about the issues that impact women and working families.
• Ability to connect to and build relationships with a wide range of people.
• Proven ability to work with a wide range of diverse audiences and stakeholders.
• Proven experience with organizing for advocacy and leadership development.
• Ability to work in teams, participate in collaborative planning and work with a diverse group of
• An understanding of the political process and experience supporting people in taking political action who have never done so before.
• Experience managing field efforts that involved 100 or more volunteers.
• Demonstrated initiative, discipline, problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
• A good team member who demonstrates flexibility, a willingness to pitch in wherever necessary, and a love of learning new things.
• Willingness and ability to travel in Oregon.
• Strong commitment to work for social, racial and economic justice.
• Understanding of the basic economic barriers that mothers, in particular, face.
Are you the person they’re looking for? Applications are due on Friday, September 5th by 5:00pm. Send a resume, cover letter and completed application to Andrea Paluso at FamilyForward Action (email@example.com).