Bridge 13 Community Education Project
There are 12 bridges in the Portland area. Metaphorically speaking, Bridge 13 is the final bridge that connects communities. In reality, Bridge 13 is a dedicated group of youth and adults who are trained to lead workshops about the issues faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning (LGBTQQ) communities. We help you learn to interrupt bullying and problematic language, and provide you with concrete tools and resources to create safe, supportive environments for ALL young people.
The workshops are fun and educational. They can be tailored to fit any number of audiences but its real strength is training schools, counselors, teachers, and social service agencies.
To schedule a Bridge 13 training, please contact Nash Jones at Nash@pdxQcenter.org. The hourly fee for the training is on a sliding scale to ensure accessibility to our services. Where you fall on our scale will be determined during the scheduling process. Trainings for any and all Sun Service System providers and partners is free of charge. We’ll need the following information during the scheduling process:
- Who is the presentation for?
- How long will the presentation be? Please note we are unable to accommodate requests for less than 2 hours.
- Who is the contact person, and what is their contact information?
- How many people will be attending the training?
- Is the training mandatory or voluntary for the audience?
- Why would you like a Bridge 13 presentation? What objectives are you looking to accomplish through this training?
- Is the training for a specific department or working group within your organization?
- How do you plan to pay for the training?