Come join Q Center and Cascadia Expeditions for an exciting day of outdoor adventure fun along the Wild and Scenic Sandy River! Learn some basic rock climbing techniques, embark on a mellow Sandy River float, demo an inflatable kayak or participate in family fun and games. Cascadia Expeditions is generously donating a portion of the proceeds from the day to benefit Q Center’s programs and services. We’ll have plenty of delicious food including a family and vegetarian friendly BBQ at the end of the day…and all are welcome!
- September 7, 2013 from 10AM to around 4PM at Lewis and Clark State Park in Troutdale, OR. Look for the big Cascadia Expeditions banner as you enter the park.
- At 10:30AM, there will be a short intro game, options and logistics for the day will be discussed.
- The shuttle for a guided Sandy River float will depart from Lewis and Clark State Park between 10:30AM and 11:00AM. The Sandy River float is very mellow, not intimidating or challenging and is rated Class 2. Depending on registration, we may be able to add a second float trip later in the day. 16 people maximum per trip.
- If you wish to raft, please bring clothing you don’t mind getting wet, sunscreen and sandals with a heel strap or sneakers. Cascadia Expeditions will have lifejackets and all necessary activity gear.
- Rafting limited to ages 18 and above.
- For those who do not wish to raft; there will be a rappelling station set up plus games and activities will be available in the main group area from around 10:30AM until 2:00PM. Also there is a beach hangout area for your enjoyment if just a relaxing morning sounds appealing.
- Bring your appetite! A BBQ along with all the fixings will start at 2PM. Vegetarian options will be available.
- Ride Share Option – If you need a ride or would like to provide a ride, please indicate this on the registration check out page.
- Pets are allowed on leash in Lewis and Clark State Park. Pets are not allowed in the rafts, nor can they be left with staff or volunteers as you participate in activities.
- $50.00 – 18 years of age and older
- $35.00 – Ages 10 to 17
- Free – Under 10 years of age
Ticket Prices include all activities listed along with food and drink.
Contact Stacey Rice with Q Center at 503-234-7837 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or needs.